Friday, May 25, 2007

More flowers

I seem to be partial to the little yellow one. Well, that and they are the ones I got the best pictures of. I don't have any new updates on AW, but I wanted to at least post some more of my photos from the first Artist's Date. The field I got these nice shots in is right behind my apartment complex sandwiched between the apts and a Costco. Behind it is a big dirt and gravel hill probably created when they built the Costco. And near it is a pond where several ducks live, but it's near a freeway. Too much trash made any nice photos impossible. This is why most of my shots are close-ups. Even a couple of my close-ups will have to be touched up due to random bits of trash I couldn't see when taking the picture, but were quite obvious in the photo.

Most the walk was overcast, but just at the end the sun came out to help me get the brighter shots. Everything I've posted so far didn't require color or brightness adjustments, just upping the resolution and cropping. For all my whining, I really do like my little Sony Cybershot. It seems to capture the real color very well. The only bad part of this photo trip was the mosquitoes. The spring has been fairly wet. They were out in full force and I was quite tasty. Next post will be an update on my AW progress and hopefully a new design at my store.






1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I've been so scarce lately. Like you, I've had a lot going on--and, also like you, not all of what I've had going on was wonderful. I hope things are about to get better for both of us.

    This HAS been a wet spring, and out here we've got mosquitoes big enough to saddle up and ride on! Every time I go outside to the fridge or do any yard work, it's a constant battle. Guess I'm tasty, too.

    I've enjoyed your wildflower photos very much. Thank you for sharing them. Maybe you could take some pictures of other sights around your area--it might seem dull to you, but to me, anything in DFW looks exotic! I'm looking forward to more photos and your new designs, when you have time.

    Oh, and good luck with your AW progress, too. We've just started reading AW again--I'd already forgotten some stuff, so it pays for me to go back and revisit the book from time to time.

    ReplyDelete