Friday, November 6, 2015

NaNo time again!

Once again I'm participating in the writing torture known as NaNoWriMo. But this time I've done something I never tried before. I plotted. I liked the idea of being a pantser, but alas I'm plodding, planning, pantser. Now, with outline in hand, I've started to make real progress on the cozy mystery I've threatened to write for three years. I have almost three chapters. Well, first draft chapters because first rule of NaNo is no editing. You just keep writing until you're done. Editing happens after you have a completed first draft, which a point I haven't yet reached. So I'll try to keep a running total of my work, for better or worse.

Here's where I am right now:



2842 / 50000 words. 6% done!

Yep, already a bit behind but if I can manage 1887 words a day instead of the usual 1667, I can cross the finish line on time with 50k words. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment