Friday, May 18, 2007

They finally arrived!!

I ordered manga pens, paper, and art boards ages ago from my local comic book shop. I'd given up actually getting them. But when I went to get my subservice (monthly comic subscriptions), there they were! The cool thing about the paper and art boards is that they come preprinted with rulers, print marks and cut marks in that light blue that won't show up when photocopied or scanned. It makes planning bleeds and multi-page images so much easier. Now all I need is to get the characters in my head on paper and get some story ideas for them. You know, the easy part. :D

Here's the company that makes the pens and paper. Their site also includes drawing tutorials and an online store. They have some great sets of colored pens that I would love to get.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know you've been interested in drawing manga for a long time now.

    Are you going to use the zip-a-tone stuff, or strictly hand-color? The Japanese double-ended alcohol ink pens look great. Reminds me of the Prismacolor markers I used ages ago--those things last a long time, and look great on paper.

    Sounds like a manga-drawing party needs to be on your schedule pretty soon! Please let us see some "sneak peeks" when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such fun I positively envy you! I used a zip-a-tone clone back in the old, old days when I proofread tech drawings. It was easier to let us fix the bits and chunks we saw were missing than ship huge fold-outs back to our art dept. And it was fun, like playing with rub-ons...

    And yes, please do let us see sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete